Imagine you are on a long road trip with your kid and he/she feels hungry or all of a sudden they fell sick. There is no shops around to take any kind of help from them. What would you do?
Suppose, Your Car door gets jammed and not able to open. What would you do? It would really create a dangerous situation.
Suppose, You are on self drive at night, Car gets some minor problems. Have you ever thought How would you overcome it?
To avoid these dangerous situations, Just a little organization is required and you can tackle with every problem being inside your car.
I am sharing some Car Organizing Ideas which would really help to prepare not only for long distance but for daily purposes as well.
1. Front Driver Seat
- On the Driver Door, I always keep a Microfiber Cloth for minor interior dust removal like Dashboard, Vents etc and a hammer and cutter for safety purpose. Car Safety Hammer cum cutter can be used. If the door gets stuck, One can break the glass with Hammer. Cutter is kept to cut the seat belt. One can keep the hammer & cutter in a separate box to avoid any injury.
Alternatively, Headrest can be removed and used to break the glass in emergency.
2. Front Passenger Seat
I always keep a Umbrella on Front Passenger Door.
3. Dash Panel
- I have placed a Mobile Holder which is very convenient while using maps or to play music. It is also very useful to attend the calls also. It has strong adhesive which holds mobile safely even on bumpy roads.
- At the bottom, I keep a small box for loose currency and coins.
- I have also placed a Car aroma Diffuser which gives a natural and pleasant fragnance while driving. It also has a USB Port for Phone charger.
- On the Sun Shed, I have placed a Sun Shade Organizer which has a tissue holder outside. It’s very convenient to access tissues instead of keeping the box on Dash Panel which keeps falling. There is also a Pocket Organizer inside which keeps all the Packing Receipts, Toll Cards. It keeps the car clean without paper clutter. I can be tied on the sunshade of Driver seat or Passenger Seat.
4. Dashboard Box
In this Box, I keep various things like,
- Small Box to store Phone Charging cables.
- First Aid Pouch to keep Emergency medicines, Bandages & scissors.
- File Pouch for keeping all the car papers.
- Extra pair of Sunglasses.
- Packet of biscuits, munchies for emergency.
5. Inner Car
- We have a small storage in the center of the seat where an extra vanity pouch to organize emergency makeup, lotion, comb and Toilet Seat Sanitizer(must have If you use public toilets) is kept. This is very essential If I forget to carry anything in my handbag.
- Those who have small kids, Use Baby Car Seat to keep kids safe while driving. Kids move around while seated in car which is dangerous. Baby Car seat is very safe and convenient way of taking Kids while travelling. They can easily sleep in the car seat. Also, its high from the place. So, they can enjoy travel while watching the view outside.
- In the Back Pocket, Some essentials like wet wipes, colors, cap, sunglasses can be kept for kids.
- Hang a Fold able dinning tray on the back of front seat which is helpful to keep food & water separately while feeding the Kids. It can also be used for other purposes also such as I pads, Food items etc.
- I have placed Car Back Seat Headrest Hooks on the back of front seat which gets nicely attached to the Headrest. Utilize it to hang a Dustbin(Car Bin), handbags or Shopping Bags.
- Kept cushions in the car for comfort and extra support.
- I have placed Removable car mats in the car to protect the floor from getting dirty from our footwear. You can also keep regular foot mats here.
6. Back of the Car
- You can also keep a Tissue box at the back of the car for easy access.
- You can also get a Car Back Seat Organizer (or a small Basket) to organize all the toys & other stuff for kids.
- During winters, I keep few woolen clothes for kids to keep warm while travelling.
- I keep a microfiber duster for cleaning Car.
- Use a Car Trunk Organizer to organize stuffs scattered in the Trunk like:
- Water Bottles for cleaning and washing hands while travelling.
- Safety Jackets, Car Cover, Newspapers. Middle compartment is a thermal box to store food & drinks.
- Car Electric pump to inflate tyres during travel if there is no tyre shop or petrol pump around. Just connect it with the segret lighter port and adjust the pressure.
Tip : Before buying, Please do check electric power heatings.
- Extra pair of clothes for kids & blanket.
- Some extra diaper bags.
- Handwash liquid, soap to wash hands if they get dirty while travelling.
- Few shopping bags. Keeping bags handy in the car save our extra few bucks.
- One can also keep Emergency Reflectors and Reflector Jacket inside the trunk which comes with the car for safety purposes.
For windows, One can use various types of Blinds with zip. These days we get with zippers which looks great.